Iran Rejects US Proposal, Offers 10-Point Plan on Hormuz and Ceasefire

Tehran Pushes Permanent Peace Terms as Trump Signals Tough Stand

Iran formally rejected the ceasefire proposal on Monday. Instead, it presented a 10-point plan to end the war. Moreover, the plan calls for a permanent halt to conflict. Therefore, diplomatic efforts have taken a new direction amid ongoing tensions.

US Proposal Rejected

Iran dismissed the US 15-point peace proposal clearly. Moreover, the proposal reached Iran through Pakistan. However, Tehran called it exaggerated and disconnected from ground realities. Therefore, Iran decided to offer its own structured response.

Iran’s 10-Point Plan

According to IRNA, Iran presented a detailed 10-point document. Moreover, it includes ending conflict across the region. It also demands a permanent end instead of temporary ceasefire.

Additionally, Iran proposed a system for safe passage through Hormuz Strait. Furthermore, it demanded recognition of uranium enrichment rights under the NPT. Therefore, it linked peace with strategic and economic conditions.

Sanctions And Regional Demands

Iran demanded removal of sanctions imposed by the US and others. Moreover, it called for stopping Israeli attacks on Hezbollah in Lebanon. Therefore, the plan addresses both regional and international concerns together.

In return, Iran offered to lift its effective blockade on Hormuz Strait. However, it proposed a transit tax of 2 million dollars per ship. Moreover, New York Times reported this amount will be shared with Oman.

Additionally, the plan stated funds will support reconstruction of damaged infrastructure. Therefore, Iran avoided direct compensation demands. Instead, it focused on rebuilding war-hit facilities.

Conditions For Peace

Iran also placed broader conditions for peace. It demanded stopping US and Israeli attacks immediately. Moreover, it called for guarantees against future strikes.

Additionally, Iran sought compensation for war damages. It also demanded halting conflicts across West Asia. Therefore, it insisted on recognition of its sovereignty over Hormuz Strait.

Trump’s Response And Warning

US President Donald Trump reacted to the developments strongly. He said the ceasefire proposal holds importance. However, he stated it cannot end the conflict alone.

Moreover, Trump warned about severe military action. He said Iran could face destruction within one night. Furthermore, he stated US forces may target power plants and bridges.

Earlier, he warned that without a deal, all bridges and power plants would be destroyed by Wednesday midnight. Therefore, tensions continue rising despite ongoing proposals.

Changing Ground Situation

IRNA reported that Iran presented this plan amid changing conditions. Moreover, situations shifted in western and central Iran. Additionally, a US helicopter operation failed.

Meanwhile, Trump extended the previously set deadline again. Therefore, his stance showed some adjustment from earlier positions.