After the US announced a conditional ceasefire, a major attack occurred within hours. Moreover, the incident targeted an oil refinery on Iran’s Lavan Island. Additionally, the blast happened on Wednesday morning. Furthermore, news agency AP cited Iranian state television for confirmation.
Tehran responds with regional strikes
Following the refinery explosion, Tehran launched attacks on Kuwait and UAE. Moreover, Iranian officials described the refinery incident as an enemy attack. Additionally, they stated the strike happened despite the ceasefire agreement.
Incident details remain unclear
According to available information, the attack occurred around 10 AM local time. Moreover, firefighters reached the location to control the fire. Additionally, reports confirmed no casualties or damage to life. However, authorities have not identified those responsible for the attack.
Lavan Island holds strategic importance
Lavan Island plays a key strategic role for Iran in the Persian Gulf. Moreover, the island covers approximately 78 square kilometres. Additionally, it serves as a major crude oil export terminal. Furthermore, large-scale oil refining operations take place there. Also, the island includes a gas area facility. Additionally, it lies around 450 to 500 kilometres west of the Strait of Hormuz.
Fragile ceasefire agreement explained
The conflict between the US and Iran has continued for around forty days. Moreover, the US announced a conditional ceasefire between both sides. Additionally, both countries agreed to avoid attacks for the next two weeks.
US vice president calls deal fragile
Meanwhile, the US vice president addressed students at a university in Hungary. Moreover, he described the ceasefire as a fragile agreement. Additionally, he warned Tehran before upcoming talks scheduled in Pakistan.
Hormuz agreement linked to truce
JD Vance stated that Iran agreed to open the Strait of Hormuz. Moreover, President Trump had earlier issued a strong warning regarding this route. Additionally, the agreement includes halting attacks in exchange for reopening the waterway.
US claims progress but warns further action
Furthermore, Vance said the US has largely achieved its military objectives. Additionally, he stated the war may end soon. Moreover, Trump earlier described Iranian fighters as better negotiators.
Warning over failed negotiations
Additionally, Vance said Iran’s foreign minister responded positively to US conditions. However, he also noted misinformation spreading within Iran’s system. Moreover, he warned that the US has other options available. Therefore, if talks fail, those tools could be used. Finally, he added that a deal remains possible if both sides act in good faith.













