CJP Protest Faces Bangladesh Comparison Row as Abhijeet Dipke Calls It a Defamation Attempt

Abhijeet Dipke reacted after Taslima Nasreen compared the CJP protest at Jantar Mantar with Bangladesh protests and questioned the movement.

The CJP founder Abhijeet Dipke reacted to comparisons between the Jantar Mantar protest and Bangladesh. He said the comparison aimed to damage the image of the movement.

Dipke said on Monday, August 3, that CJP follows a different path. His response came after Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen compared the protest with Bangladesh events.

Taslima had earlier said that she did not find the CJP protest appropriate. She also linked the demonstration with student protests that happened in Bangladesh.

Abhijeet Dipke says CJP faces attempts to damage its image

According to Hindustan Times, Abhijeet Dipke said CJP’s responsibility has increased now. He added that CJP will lead protesting students across the country. Furthermore, Dipke said the organisation will soon expand its team. Earlier, he mentioned students who died by suicide after the NEET paper leak issue.

He claimed those families have not received one crore rupees from the government. During the protest, CJP had also demanded the same support from authorities.

Taslima Nasreen’s statement on CJP protest

Taslima Nasreen referred to Bangladesh protests while discussing the CJP demonstration. She said it looked similar to student protests in Bangladesh.

She stated that people initially believed students opposed the quota system. According to her statement, Sheikh Hasina accepted their demands.

However, she claimed the government later faced pressure. Taslima also said people later alleged involvement of jihadists behind those protests.

She further said Bangladesh’s decline was not good. She claimed jihadists took control of the country.

Dipke alleges planned attempt against CJP

Meanwhile, Abhijeet Dipke alleged that outside groups tried to discredit CJP. He said he had already warned about possible attempts. Dipke claimed outsiders were sent to create trouble. He said these people had planning links with Delhi Police. He questioned how many people entered Jantar Mantar without checks. Dipke said his own entry required verification.

Moreover, he alleged Delhi Police placed a truck filled with stones behind the stage. He also claimed a damaged van was already present.

Dipke alleged that Delhi Police planned the situation beforehand. He said CJP follows the Constitution and will continue its path.