US Threatens Hormuz Blockade, China Reacts Sharply, Warns Against Interference as Tensions Explode

After failed Islamabad talks, Trump announces Hormuz blockade, Iran responds strongly, while China asserts trade rights and rejects military supply claims

After a 21-hour meeting in Islamabad ended without results, tensions increased sharply. Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump announced a Hormuz Strait blockade from April 13. Consequently, Tehran reacted strongly, and China also issued a firm statement.

China Responds and Warns Against Interference

China’s Defence Minister Admiral Dong Jun addressed the situation clearly. He said China remains committed to global peace and stability. Moreover, he confirmed that Chinese ships continue movement through the Hormuz Strait.

He added that China holds trade and energy agreements with Iran. Therefore, China will respect these agreements without compromise. He also stated that others should not interfere in China’s matters.

Additionally, he said Iran controls the Hormuz Strait. According to him, the route remains open for China’s use.

China Rejects Arms Supply Allegations

Meanwhile, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Guo Jiakun rejected serious allegations. He called claims about supplying weapons to Iran baseless and unfounded. These claims suggested China planned arms transfers and had already provided dual-use technologies.

However, Guo stated that China follows a responsible approach toward military exports. He emphasized strict adherence to domestic export laws and international obligations. Therefore, China maintains controlled and lawful export practices.

Trump Announces Immediate Blockade Move

Soon after the failed talks, Trump shared his stance on Truth Social. He accepted disagreements on Hormuz and nuclear issues during discussions. However, he claimed that agreements emerged on most other matters.

Despite that, he declared that the US would not hesitate to block ships. He stated that the US Navy would stop vessels entering or leaving Hormuz. Consequently, this action would begin immediately.

Strong Warning on Sea Operations

Trump described the situation as forced extortion against the world. He said the US would never accept such pressure. Therefore, he ordered the Navy to identify ships that paid any toll to Iran.

He warned that such vessels would not receive safe passage in open waters. Additionally, he said US forces would destroy mines placed in the Strait. He also warned that any attack from Iran would face total destruction.

Final Warning on Blockade Execution

Trump stated that the blockade would begin very soon. He added that other countries would also join this operation. Furthermore, he insisted that Iran cannot benefit from illegal toll collection.

He concluded by stating that US forces remain fully prepared. He warned that the military would eliminate any remaining Iranian threat completely.