Iran Claims US-Israel Struck Nuclear Site as War Enters Day Three

Tehran alleges attack on Natanz facility while IAEA holds emergency meeting in Vienna

(Source: The Times Of Israel)

Amid ongoing war, Iran made a major claim. On Sunday, Iran said the United States and Israel attacked its nuclear site.

As the conflict entered its third day, Iran reported 555 deaths so far.

Iran’s Statement At IAEA

Iran’s ambassador to the IAEA, Reza Najafi, addressed the issue. He stated that American and Israeli forces attacked an Iranian nuclear facility on Sunday.

When asked which facility faced the strike, he identified Natanz nuclear facility.

Moreover, Najafi said this joint action marked the second attack within nine months.

He described these strikes as illegal, criminal, and ruthless. In one instance, he said attackers completely destroyed an elementary school.

According to him, that incident killed at least 165 girls. He questioned whether this reflected the “help and freedom” promised by the US President.

Iran Rejects Nuclear Weapons Allegation

Furthermore, Najafi said attackers targeted a peaceful and secure nuclear facility again. He dismissed claims that Iran seeks nuclear weapons as a lie.

Additionally, he said attackers martyred the Supreme Leader, who had banned nuclear weapons completely.

He accused the United States of using lies, deception, and misinformation as tools of foreign policy. He added that Washington had previously relied on similar tactics to attack other nations.

Moreover, he claimed the US President started this war while presenting himself as a man of peace. He alleged that peace talk claims hide deception.

IAEA Holds Emergency Meeting In Vienna

Meanwhile, military strikes by US and Israeli forces continued against Iran. Therefore, the IAEA Board of Governors began an emergency meeting in Vienna.

Russia requested this meeting. Board members discussed American and Israeli attacks during the session. Any member can call such a meeting. The emergency session started one hour before the scheduled quarterly meeting.

Iran’s nuclear program already stood on that agenda. However, diplomats said they saw no indication that Saturday’s strikes hit Iranian nuclear facilities.

Radiation Concerns And Global Appeal

IAEA chief Rafael Mariano Grossi issued a warning. He said authorities have not detected radiation levels above normal background in neighboring countries. Nevertheless, he described the situation as deeply concerning. He stated that officials cannot rule out possible radiological release.

He warned that severe consequences could include evacuating large cities or even larger regions. Furthermore, Grossi said attempts to contact Iranian nuclear regulatory authorities continue without response. He expressed hope that this essential communication channel will resume soon.

Finally, he urged all sides to exercise maximum restraint during military operations. He repeated his appeal to prevent further escalation.

Additionally, Grossi emphasized the need to return to diplomacy and dialogue.